Reflections

Photo copyright to Brenda Diskin
Sat here looking out at the garden, with ideas buzzing around my head. Need to practise using the pa equipment and find out the other stuff I need. They so lie when they say this stuff is portable. I love a bit of stress it helps you come up with the best plans. I can't say all is good with the world but while I have ideas then things will work out. My books are selling, slowly but selling. Had three lots of royalties so far, whoopee I can afford breakfast for two at Wetherspoon. Lol. Joking aside I am just grateful that someone appreciates my work and the huge amount of effort that goes into it. I am a very complex person but what you see is what you get, I say it like it is. People either love me or hate me there is no in between. It is no good trying to analyse me as even I don't know what I am about. I love my family, a few good friends and my furry babies and will do anything within my power for them. I enjoy what I do and am happy if it keeps the wolf from the door. I don't hanker after fame or fortune but I do like to be appreciated. I hate false people if you have a problem with me just say so and if you want to know something about me just ask, I have nothing to hide. I will help people whenever I can and ask for nothing in return. But like most people I do have a dark side.

I have been battling with some physical health issues over the past couple of years or so which have left my energy levels lower than normal and have made me a bit flat workwise. Over the past couple of months I have started to notice some changes. The energy levels are starting to peak again and I have been experiencing some of the old excitement (relating to my work) returning. Other people are also feeling these changes within in me I have noticed it in the way people are reacting to me. Some of these reactions are positive but a few have been very negative indeed.
At the moment I am going through the process of 'flushing out' my body and mind. I know all of this is leading to new things and being involved with new people. Not necessarily a new pathway but certainly an improved one.
Over the years I have practised meditation, self-healing, cleansing and detoxifying (these few things will always be a part of my spiritual pathway and evolution). At times I have dabbled with affirmations, self-love, tapping, mantras, visualisation, love thy enemy, etc, etc. In latter years I ditched all these things in favour of positivity, the power of the mind and complete trust in the Universe to provide me with what I need. In fact ditched all the stuff that I don’t have time for as I am too busy living and working. This has given me a deep rooted sense of peace. Yes I still worry, yes the occasional negative thought slips through, yes I still feel emotional pain, yes my body still hurts at times, yes I sometimes feel down; but I don't wallow in these things, I work with them and turn them to my advantage.
Anyway I am looking forward to working new venues, meeting new people and welcoming back some of the ones I already know. I have something new and exciting planned for the autumn so watch this space for more news xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration

Working with 'Spirit' isn't as easy as people think

Tales From Behind The Potting Shed Or If At First You Don’t Succeed, Put It On The Compost Heap

About Bren