The Importance of Backing-up Your Work

 I always save my work every few sentences. Luckily I always back my work up daily and to more than one external source. Today something weird happened. I was dragging a word document to a memory stick when a message popped up saying that I was holding down the control button (I definitely wasn't). Then everything on my desktop got copied to the word document that I was dragging (nothing was highlighted). I managed to stop the action before too much damage was done, but in the process I lost all my website files from the laptop. Luckily I had back-ups. I have no idea what caused it, as the problem resolved itself after I restarted the computer and deleted the word doc. The only damage was, that it cost me about half an hour checking important files to make sure they were still there. So please everyone BACK-UP regularly to external devices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration

Working with 'Spirit' isn't as easy as people think

Tales From Behind The Potting Shed Or If At First You Don’t Succeed, Put It On The Compost Heap

About Bren